As a company that provides project management software for events, you might think that we are slightly biased. But WeTrack was built by event operators from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games who recognised that event programme management needed to move beyond spreadsheets and emails, and we still believe that! So we won't focus on WeTrack here, but we will focus on the clear benefits of using a project management system to manage your event planning and to save you time, money and risk.
This is why we believe that project management software will improve the operations of your event. The bigger the event, the more time and money you could save.
1. It helps you collaborate. It puts your whole team on one platform, letting them work together by communicating within the platform and sharing responsibility on tasks. Automatic notification means that your team will always be informed when something related to them has changed.
2. It provides a single source of truth. You no longer have to look for that email with that spreadsheet attached which might or might not still be up-to-date. Instead, if you need to know the status of a task or project, you go to the same place every time and look at information that you know to be as accurate as possible.
3. It automates reporting. This not only saves a huge amount of time, but also improves the quality of your reports. You can bring up template reports, or filter and layer custom reports to show you the exact breakdowns that you require, without any of the legwork.
4. It enables different views. Different members of your team will naturally want to view their project plans in different ways - be that Gantt, calendar, or lists. And no one wants to view it in a spreadsheet! Enable your team with views that range from ones heavier on detail to ones that provide a simpler visual timeline.
5. It tracks tasks. This, at its very simplest, is what will give you confidence in your operations. When you use RAG statuses and due dates in a platform that provides automatic notifications, you'll know if something is slipping. It won't get lost in the mire of a huge spreadsheet. Resting easy knowing that you have oversight across your entire project plan is every project manager's dream!
If you are searching for ways to improve your event operations, then project management software could be the solution. It gives you control over a coherent and collaborative project plan and team, giving you confidence in your operations and saving you time and money back to put towards the event planning itself.
Want to read more? Why not read our article exploring six ways to ensure that a project management system works for your operations. Or, check out WeTrack's offering for project management.