The purpose of a daily run sheet for your event, venue or organisation is simple: to give you visibility over your who, what, where and when. Putting this into practice, however, usually ends up being a lot more difficult.
Run Sheets are normally used by an event, venue or organisation to manage a day where there are a lot of moving parts on location. These schedules need to be clear, accurate and up-to-date: to give everyone confidence that they are in the right place at the right time, on schedule, even when things change at short notice.
In this piece we look at how you should use run sheets to make sure that you achieve that confidence.
1. Go Digital. This makes your run sheets so much quicker and easier to use, by enabling the four other best practices below. Crucially, it allows you to update a run sheet when your team is dispersed all around a site. This ensures that your run sheet is always in live time and that the information it contains can be trusted.
2. Onboard and Engage. An accurate, up-to-date schedule will encourage your staff that they can trust where they need to be, and when. Personalised run sheets also give your staff confidence, ensuring they are not bogged down by excessive unnecessary information.
3. Prioritise. Which run sheet items cannot be moved? What are the non-negotiables from your day of activity? Make sure your staff know what matters most to your stakeholders and impacted parties, by indicating it on the run sheets. This might be achieved by starring your fixed items.
4. Build Mapping. A visual approach will be helpful to your team, especially if working across a large site, event or stadium. It provides valuable context to your staff's operations, aids incident tracking and is not possible if using a spreadsheet or other list.
5. Understand Timing Dependencies. This understanding will enable you to react effectively when timings need to change. If you are ready to respond to a 30-minute delay by updating every staff member's run sheet automatically, that delay will not damage your operations.
Too many times we see run sheets take too long to make and be too cumbersome to use. Use run sheets successfully with these 5 best practices to enhance your operations.
WeTrack's Run Sheets Software
If you want to get visibility over your who, what, where and when, learn more about WeTrack's digital run sheets software. Build to give you the confidence that you need in your on-site operations!